How to Get Tax Help “en Español”
It can be hard to understand taxes. It can be much harder if English is not your first language. The IRS provides many free products and services in Spanish on IRS.gov/espanol. Here are some tips on tax help “en Español” that you can get from the IRS this summer:
- Get answers 24/7: You can access IRS.gov/espanol at any time. It offers tax help to both individuals and businesses. You can even get help in Spanish for some specific types of work. This includes tax centers for agricultural workers and truckers . If you’re facing financial difficulty, visit “Centro Tributario para Asistir a Contribuyentes Desempleados .”
- Use IRS e-file: If you still need to file your 2014 taxes, you should e-file your tax return. IRS e-file is safe, easy and the most accurate way to file. It is available until Oct. 15. Visit IRS.gov and enter “Presentación Electrónica ” in the search box to learn more.
- Other things your can do at www.irs.gov/espanol
- Get tax forms and publications.
- Check out IRS2Go. The free IRS app is available in English and Spanish. Use it with an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device. With IRS2Go you can:
- Get your refund status.
- Watch IRS YouTube videos.
- Watch the latest pod casts
- Get tax news updates.
- Follow the IRS.
- Get health care tax information. The IRS website also has information about the Affordable Care Act tax provisions in both English and Spanish to educate individuals and businesses on how the health care law may affect them.
- Use IRS online tools.
- Check the status of your refund.
- Find out if you’re eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit.
- Get the latest on new tax laws.
- Connect with the IRS on Twitter.
- Get tips at the Multimedia Center.
Source: IRS Newsletter, Issue Number: IRS Summertime Tax Tip 2015-07